Tips for Post-Rain Trail Runs
I know I promised a recap from the Vegas portion of our trip but honestly I’ve been too busy and by this point it’s been too long and there isn’t much point. So I’m gonna recap it bullet point style because I’m a huge dork and I like bullet points:
- Thanks to an incredibly generous person, Carrie and I stayed in a gorgeous condo in the Mandarin Oriental right on the strip. This place is so far out of my league it was insane. The best part was the look on the doorman’s face when we strolled up with our huge hiking packs and filthy dirty.
- We had pretty much the perfect combination of relaxing, checking out the sites, and hanging out at some of the bars.
- We saw three exhibits and I would highly recommend you check them out when you go to Vegas
- The Bodies Exhibit: Amazing. It was unreal being able to see the inner most working of the human body and i was made even better because I had Carrie there to answer all of my questions.
- Siegfried & Roy’s Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat: What’s that? Big cats and dolphins? Two of my favorite things in the world? Ummm…yes please! We stayed here for a while doing nothing but watching the beautiful tigers and baby dolphins. The highlight was definitely the tiger that was seriously over-protective of the giant ball.
- Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay: It’s billed as the largest predator based aquarium and had some gorgeous animals. The sharks were awe inspiring and the jelly fish tank looked amazing.
- We went to Interbike for a few hours the one day; my head almost exploded. I got to see a few of the vendors I work with at SDRI but the overwhelming amount of displays and the disorganization of the set up was too much so we didn’t stay too long. What we did see was impressive though, so many cool toys!
- Got to see a good friend and celebrate her birthday while we were there.
- If you want to check out some pictures, especially of the three exhibits you can see them here: http://adventuresofcarrieandpaul.shutterfly.com/pictures/79